PhD: Chemical and Biological Engineering, Princeton University, USA, 2018
MS: Chemical and Biological Engineering, Princeton University, USA, 2015
Bs: Chemical Engineering, Boğaziçi University, Turkey, 2013
Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering, Boğaziçi University, Turkey, 2019-present
Post-doctoral Researcher, Princeton University, USA, 2018-2019
Research Assistant, Princeton University, USA, 2013-2018
Assistant in Instruction, Princeton University, USA, 2015-2016
• TUBITAK 2232 International Fellowship for Outstanding Researchers, Turkey, 2019.
• 1st place - Poster Prize at Faraday Discussions on Ionic Liquids, Cambridge, UK, 2017.
• Young Investigator Award at Gordon Conference on Liquids, New Hampshire, USA, 2017.
• Molecular Simulations of Aqueous Systems with Advanced Sampling Techniques, Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE), 2017-2018
• 3rd place at Gordon Conference on Ionic Liquids, Maine, USA, 2016.
• Prof. Dr. Turgut Noyan Award for Academic Achievements, Boğazici University, Turkey, 2013.
• The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey Research Grant (2209-A) for Undergraduate Students, Turkey, 2012 -2013
• Investigation of the interfacial and capacitive properties of ionic liquid-based electrolytes relevant to energy storage applications using computational and electroanalytical methods.
• Protein thermodynamics and kinetics under environmental perturbations using computational and theoretical techniques rooted in statistical mechanics.
• Computer simulations and theoretical description of the thermophysical properties of water.
• Investigation of the phase behavior of chiral molecules.
• B. Uralcan, P. G. Debenedetti, Computational Investigation of the Effect of Pressure on Protein Stability, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 10 (8), 1894, (2019).
• B. Uralcan, Folarin Latinwo, P. G. Debenedetti, M. Anisimov, The Pattern of Property Extrema in Supercooled and Stretched Water Models as a Tool to Predict the Stability Limit of Liquid State, The Journal of Chemical Physics 150 (6), 064503, (2019).
• B. Uralcan, S. B. Kim, C. Markwalter, R. K. Prud’homme, P. G. Debenedetti, A Computational Study of the Ionic Liquid-induced Destabilization of the Miniprotein Trpcage, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 22 (21), 5707, (2018).
• B. Uralcan, I. Aksay, P. G. Debenedetti, and D. T. Limmer, Concentration Fluctuations and Capacitive Response in Dense Ionic Solutions, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 7(13), 2333, (2016).
• D. J. Bozym, B. Uralcan, D. T. Limmer, M. A. Pope, N. J. Szamreta, P. G. Debenedetti, and I. A. Aksay, Anomalous Capacitance Maximum of the Glassy Carbon Ionic Liquid Interface through Dilution with Organic Solvents, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 6(13), 2644, (2015).