1958, The Department of Chemical Engineering was founded by Prof. Turgut Noyan in the School of Engineering of Robert College.
1962, The first BS degrees in Chemical Engineering were awarded.
1964, The first MS degrees in Chemical Engineering were awarded.
1971, The higher education division of Robert College was transferred to the Turkish State, and Boğaziçi University gained its current status as one of the leading universities in Turkey.
1972-2009, 32 doctorate, 316 master of science and 1371 bachelor of science degrees were awarded.
1983, The Department moved from the Engineering Building on the South Campus to the Square Block on the North Campus to have wider laboratory and office spaces.
The Department continues to provide world class chemical engineering education for the past fifty years.