Zeynep İlsen ÖNSAN
PhD: Chemical Engineering, University of London, Imperial College of Science and Technology, England, 1972
MS: Chemical Engineering, University of London, Imperial College of Science and Technology, England, 1972
BS: Chemical Engineering, Robert College (Bogazici University as of 1971), Turkey, 1968
- TÜBİTAK - NATO International PhD Fellowship, 1968-1972
- Excellence in Research Award, Bogazici University, 2004
- Chemical and catalytic reaction/reactor analysis
- Heterogeneous catalyst design and development
- Clean hydrogen production and gas-to-liquid technologies
- Fermentation with recombinant cell cultures
- 1. I. Önsan ve A. K. Avcı, “Chapter 14. Reactor Design for Fuel Processing” in D. Shekawat, J. J. Spivey and D. A. Berry (Eds), Fuel Cells: Technologies for Fuel Processing, 1st ed, Elsevier Science, 2011, pp. 451-516. (Kitap Bölümü)
- 2. Şimşek, A. K. Avcı, Z. I. Önsan, “Investigation of catalyst performance and microstructured reactor configuration for syngas production by methane steam reforming", Catalysis Today 178 (2011) 157-163.
- 3. Karakaya, A. K. Avcı, A. E. Aksoylu, Z. I. Önsan, “Steady-state and dynamic modeling of indirect partial oxidation of methane in a wall-coated microchannel” Catalysis Today, 139 (2009) 312-321.
- 4. Tan, E. Maşalacı, Z. I. Önsan, A. K. Avcı, “Design of a methane processing system producing high purity hydrogen” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 33 (2008) 5516-5526.
- 5. Soyal-Baltacıoğlu, A. E. Aksoylu, Z. I. Önsan, “Steam reforming of ethanol over Pt-Ni catalysts” Catalysis Today, 138 (2008) 183-186.
- 6. Şimşek, Ş. Özkara, A. E. Aksoylu, Z. I. Önsan, “Preferential CO oxidation over activated carbon supported catalysts in H2-rich streams containing CO2 and H2O” Applied Catalysis A. General, 316 (2007) 169-174.
- 7. K. Avcı, D. L. Trimm, A. E. Aksoylu, Z. İ. Önsan, “Hydrogen production by steam reforming of n-butane over supported Ni and Pt-Ni Catalysts”, Applied Catalysis A: General, 258 (2004) 235-240.
- 8. L. Trimm, Z. I. Önsan, “On-board fuel conversion for hydrogen fuel cell driven vehicles”, Catalysis Reviews: Science and Engineering, 43 (1-2) (2001) 31-84.
- 9. K. Avcı, D. L. Trimm, Z. I. Önsan “Heterogeneous reactor modeling for simulation of catalytic oxidation and steam reforming of methane”, Chemical Engineering Science, 56 (2) (2001) 641-649.
- 10. Birol, Z. I. Önsan, B. Kırdar, “Ethanol production and fermentation characteristics of recombinant Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains grown on starch” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 22(8): (1998) 672-677